UPDATE: UK: ABF confirms Dorset Cereals buy
Dorset acquired by ABF
Associated British Foods has confirmed market rumours that the firm struck a deal to acquire the Dorset Cereals brand from Wellness Foods.
The business will be integrated into The Jordans & Ryvita Company, part of ABF's grocery division, a spokesperson for the firm told just-food.
The deal remains subject to regulatory approval and Dorset will continue to operate as part of Wellness Foods until the move is cleared. The spokesperson added that it is "inappropriate" for ABF to comment further until the acquisition closes.
However, the group did reveal that it does not expect to close Dorset's manufacturing operations: "We can confirm that our intention would be to maintain Dorset Cereals' existing manufacturing base in Poundbury, Dorset."
While the company did not detail the purchase price, it is believed that the group paid around GBP50m (US$83.8m) to secure the brand.
Commenting on the rumours, Panmure Gordon analyst Graham Jones told just-food that the Dorset Cereals brand was a good buy for the company.
"I think Dorset is a great brand, with good growth potential and will be an excellent fit with ABF's existing Jordan's brand. I understand sales are circa GBP40m and as such the rumoured price represents a very good price."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
Breakfast Cereals in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
Breakfast Cereals in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis