UK: ABF replaces Kingsmill Seeds & Oats with new range
Allied Bakeries, the UK bread arm of Associated British Foods, has decided to replace its Kingsmill Seeds & Oats range with a new line of seeded loaves.
The company has introduced a portfolio of four products targeted at families and at parents keen to get their children to eat seeds and grains.
The range - The Secretly Seeded One, The Lightly Seeded One and two loaves of different sizes under The Really Seeded One brand - replace the Seeds & Oats line, which was launched three years ago.
Allied Bakeries has invested GBP750,000 on the replacement of Seeds & Oats and introduction of the new products. Kingsmill brand manager Chris Heyn told just-food the change was a "proactive step". He said sales of seeded bread across the category had been "flat" and the UK baker hoped the new range would inject fresh interest into the category.
"It's doing something quite different to Warburtons' Seeded Batch or Hovis' Granary - those really well-known seeded breads. The Secretly Seeded One is the only smooth seeded bread [in the market]. The Lightly Seeded One is soft white bread with a sprinkling of seeds in - a much softer, lighter seeded bread. It's a different role we are playing," Kingsmill brand manager Chris Heyn tolf just-food yesterday (26 January).
Part two of our management briefing on sustainable packaging focuses on recycled material. As Jonathan Thomas writes, recycled products are central to the sector but the amount they are used differs b...
After consecutive four-day weekends here in the UK, this column again arrives on a Tuesday, adding to the 'what-is-the-day-today?' feeling here at just-food Towers today....
Lactalis threw down the gauntlet - and blew away any post-Easter cobwebs on consumer goods newsdesks in Europe - in the battle for the ownership of Italian dairy group Parmalat this morning (26 April)...
Associated British Foods today (14 July) cited "strong" sales from its Jordans and Ryvita brands as the UK-based company reported a 6% increase in quarterly sales from its grocery business....
AB World Foods today (7 June) announced plans to extend its Patak's range with a Hot & Spicy line....
Associated British Foods has announced that its Allied Bakeries business is investing in growing its healthy bread brand Burgen. ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report