UK: ABP buys Debbie & Andrew's from Vion
The brand will become part of ABP's WA Turner sausage group, the Irish company said today (31 January). Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
"We have a long history of producing quality sausages stretching back over 150 years and the acquisition of the Debbie & Andrew's brand is an exciting and important addition to our product range," said WA Turner managing director Ian Bagnell.
"We are keen to reinforce the Debbie and Andrew's brand values and expand the current range of traditional flavours. Our product development team have already started work on new flavours."
The deal comes with ABP's business in the UK and Ireland under scrutiny after the company was found to be supplying burgers containing horse DNA.
The acquisition also marks the latest stage in Vion's exit from the UK market. The company last year said it was selling of its struggling UK division, it's pork business already having been sold in a management buy-out last year.
Yesterday, Scottish food firm Browns Food Group announced it had purchased the Hall's brand from Dutch group Vion.
Bernard Matthews Farms has admitted it may look for outside investment and 2 Sisters Food Group is reportedly considering a bid for the business. Industry watchers believe the UK food giant is the pri...
Karro Food Group is proposing to cut slaughter and butchery operations at its Wiveliscombe facility in Somerset, putting 113 jobs at risk....
Irish food processor ABP Food Group has revealed an investment plan for premium sausage brand Debbie & Andrew's to include additional product lines and a new advertising campaign....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK