UK/IRELAND: ABP fingers McAdam in horse meat scandal
ABP Food Group has implicated meat importer McAdam Food Service as the supplier responsible for providing it with ingredients contaminated with horse meat.
ABP owns the Silvercrest processing facility, which has been at the centre of a horse meat scandal after frozen beef burgers sold through various retailers in the UK and Ireland were found to contain undeclared horse DNA. Grocers including Tesco, The Co-operative and Aldi have since delisted Silvercrest.
According to Irish food safety officials, the horse meat originated in Poland.
In a statement today (6 February) ABP said: "Silvercrest purchased Polish beef products from McAdam Food Service. It appears now that, while Silvercrest purchased these beef products in good faith, horse DNA originating in Poland was present in some of these products."
According to the company it purchased 170 tonnes of beef from McAdams, out of a total 180,000 tonnes of beef processed at the facility in 2012.
"ABP Food Group continues to co-operate fully with the competent authorities in the investigation," the group added.
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights