AUSTRALIA: ABS reveals positive figures for the agricultural sector
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has revealed that the number of farmers and farm workers in the country is continuing to increase, and agricultural production is also continuing to climb. The ABS has compiled a report on the sector during last year, and concluded that good prices and changes in agricultural activity, particularly horticultural, have encouraged more people to work in farming, as more are able to earn a living off the land. Total farm turnover was cited as A$28.5bn (US$14.07bn), and beef farms enjoyed the best turnaround in results for the year, as the number recording profit rather than loss increased dramatically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre