AUSTRALIA: ABS reveals positive figures for the agricultural sector
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has revealed that the number of farmers and farm workers in the country is continuing to increase, and agricultural production is also continuing to climb. The ABS has compiled a report on the sector during last year, and concluded that good prices and changes in agricultural activity, particularly horticultural, have encouraged more people to work in farming, as more are able to earn a living off the land. Total farm turnover was cited as A$28.5bn (US$14.07bn), and beef farms enjoyed the best turnaround in results for the year, as the number recording profit rather than loss increased dramatically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"