AUSTRALIA: ABS reveals positive figures for the agricultural sector
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has revealed that the number of farmers and farm workers in the country is continuing to increase, and agricultural production is also continuing to climb. The ABS has compiled a report on the sector during last year, and concluded that good prices and changes in agricultural activity, particularly horticultural, have encouraged more people to work in farming, as more are able to earn a living off the land. Total farm turnover was cited as A$28.5bn (US$14.07bn), and beef farms enjoyed the best turnaround in results for the year, as the number recording profit rather than loss increased dramatically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant