BELGIUM: Ackermans in takeover bid for GIB
Belgian holding company Ackermans & Van Haaren has launched a takeover bid to acquire all the shares in former retailing giant GIB. GIB was at one stage Belgium's leading retailer until July 2000 when it sold its supermarket unit GB to France's Carrefour. Ackermans are offering €41 (US$40) per share, which puts the value of GIB at €1.13bn, reports Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs