BELGIUM: Ackermans in takeover bid for GIB
Belgian holding company Ackermans & Van Haaren has launched a takeover bid to acquire all the shares in former retailing giant GIB. GIB was at one stage Belgium's leading retailer until July 2000 when it sold its supermarket unit GB to France's Carrefour. Ackermans are offering €41 (US$40) per share, which puts the value of GIB at €1.13bn, reports Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- ABF sees further grocery revival