BELGIUM: Ackermans in takeover bid for GIB
Belgian holding company Ackermans & Van Haaren has launched a takeover bid to acquire all the shares in former retailing giant GIB. GIB was at one stage Belgium's leading retailer until July 2000 when it sold its supermarket unit GB to France's Carrefour. Ackermans are offering €41 (US$40) per share, which puts the value of GIB at €1.13bn, reports Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill