QATAR: ACP countries get unopposed go-ahead to apply to renew banana export privileges
Major banana producer Ecuador has agreed not to oppose a request from African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries that their export privileges to the EU are renewed. The current round of trade talks at the WTO ministerial conference in Qatar faced potential disruption over the banana issue. A group of banana exporting countries from Central American had threatened to challenge the renewal of the exemption, which enables ACP nations to benefit from preferential treatment by the EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry