QATAR: ACP countries get unopposed go-ahead to apply to renew banana export privileges
Major banana producer Ecuador has agreed not to oppose a request from African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries that their export privileges to the EU are renewed. The current round of trade talks at the WTO ministerial conference in Qatar faced potential disruption over the banana issue. A group of banana exporting countries from Central American had threatened to challenge the renewal of the exemption, which enables ACP nations to benefit from preferential treatment by the EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti