US: Acquisition costs hit B&G Foods Q3
B&G reaffirmed its adjusted EBITDA guidance for fiscal 2013
US food group B&G Foods has booked a drop in third-quarter earnings but reaffirmed his fiscal 2013 guidance.
In the three months ended 28 September, earnings dropped 9.2% to US$15.4m on the back of debt and acquisition related costs. After taking into account $22.1m of after tax charges, adjusted net income increased 10.8% to $18.7m.
Adjusted EBITDA increased 7.3% to $46m, while net sales grew 17.6% to $181.4m.
"Given current trends in the packaged foods industry, we expect growth in our base business to be challenging during the fourth quarter of 2013," said CEO David Wenner. "We are taking actions to improve sales trends in our base business through new product introductions and selected pricing adjustments and are confident base business net sales will rebound and return to our more typical modest growth during 2014."
B&G reaffirmed its adjusted EBITDA guidance for fiscal 2013 to a range of around $187m to $191m.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
Companies: B&G Foods
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The Future of the Savory & Deli Foods Market in Venezuela to 2017 is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research. The report presents detailed analysis on the Savory & Deli Foods consumption tr...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details