RUSSIA: Acquisition, store openings boost Dixy Group FY sales
- FY sales up by 43.8% to to RUB147bn (US$4.7bn)
- Victoria Group, store openings boost numbers
- Like-for-like sales up by 7%
Russian food retailer Dixy Group has reported a strong double-digit increase in sales for 2012, thanks to it acquisition of Victoria Group and new store openings.
Dixy reported yesterday (23 January) that net sales for the 12 months to the end of December rose by 43.8% versus 2011, to RUB147bn (US$4.7bn). The group was boosted by 380 net store openings during the year and its acquisition of Victoria Group in June.
On a pro-forma basis, if Victoria Group sales for 2011 had been included in Dixy's numbers, Dixy's sales in 2012 would have risen by 21% in local currency.
On a like-for-like basis, Dixy's same-store sales increase was a more restrained 7% for the year. Growth was split relatively evenly across most regions and business types.
In the fourth quarter, like-for-like sales rose by 8%, while consolidated group net sales rose by 19% on the same period of the previous year, to RUB15.6bn.
RUSSIAN RUBLES FOR THE FULL YEAR 2012
Moscow, Russia, January 23, 2013 DIXY Group (RTS, MICEX: DIXY) – one of Russia’s leading retailers of foods and everyday products – today announced consolidated revenue growth of 43.8% in Russian rubles (36.0% in USD) for the full year of 2012, and consolidated revenue growth by 19.3% in Russian rubles (22.1% in US dollars) for December 2012.
For the full year of 2012 the DIXY Group opened 380 stores net and, as of December 31, 2012, had 1,499 stores under operation, including 1,437 neighborhood stores, 42 supermarkets, 19 compact hypermarkets and 1 cash&carry store.
DIXY Group Total consolidated revenue (including Victoria Group revenue from the acquisition date of June 15, 2011) increased to 147.0 billion RUR (4.7 billion USD) by 43.8% in RUR (36.0% in USD) for the full year of 2012 compared to the same period last year.
DIXY Group Total revenue for the full year of 2012 increased by 20.8% in RUR (14.1% in USD) year-on-year on pro-forma basis (including Victoria Group revenue from the beginning of FY2011).
In December 2012, DIXY Group Total consolidated revenue increased to 15.6 billion RUR (508.7 million USD) by 19.3% in RUR (22.1% in USD) year-on-year.
Original source: http://dixy.ru/sites/default/files/news/release_dixy_12mo_sales_eng.pdf
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits