USA: Activists question integrity of new organic label
The Center for Food Safety has questioned the authority of the new US organic label. The activist group criticised the new label because the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) failed to establish an independent panel to oversee the certification process. The group has filed a complaint with the USDA on behalf of a number of activist groups, including the National Campaign for Sustainable Agriculture and the Union of Concerned Scientists, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units