USA: Activists question integrity of new organic label
The Center for Food Safety has questioned the authority of the new US organic label. The activist group criticised the new label because the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) failed to establish an independent panel to oversee the certification process. The group has filed a complaint with the USDA on behalf of a number of activist groups, including the National Campaign for Sustainable Agriculture and the Union of Concerned Scientists, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea