UK: ADM and Kao form joint venture to produce fat-fighting oil
Archer Daniels Midland Company has announced details of a joint venture with the Kao Corporation of Japan to manufacture diacylglycerol oil and market the product in Europe, North and South America, Australia and New Zealand. Diacylglycerol, referred to as "DAG oil", was developed by the Kao Corporation and is already very popular in Japan as an aid in controlling body fat content.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations