UK: ADM and Kao form joint venture to produce fat-fighting oil
Archer Daniels Midland Company has announced details of a joint venture with the Kao Corporation of Japan to manufacture diacylglycerol oil and market the product in Europe, North and South America, Australia and New Zealand. Diacylglycerol, referred to as "DAG oil", was developed by the Kao Corporation and is already very popular in Japan as an aid in controlling body fat content.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth