USA: ADM officials reveal plant closure
Decatur, Illinois-based agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has revealed plans to close a flour milling plant in east Des Moines after 85 years of production, with the loss of 40 jobs.
Company officials blamed the poor economy and an excess industry capacity for the decision to close the mill, which was built in 1917 and acquired by ADM in the earl part of the 1970s.
Shipments to the plant will cease on 17 January.
Companies: Archer Daniels Midland
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has announced plans to build a new cocoa processing facility in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States....
US agricultural processor Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has announced that Paul Mulhollem, president and chief operating officer, is to retire from the company, effective immediately....
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has announced that local management at its facility in Ringaskiddy, Cork, Ireland has entered into negotiations with the local unions regarding the d...
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has announced that Mark Zenuk has been elected Vice President by its board of directors....
Agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland has reported a sharp rise in earnings for the year ended 30 June 2005, despite slightly lower revenue....
A human rights group has sued three US companies in federal court in Los Angeles to force them to step up efforts to end child labour on African farms that supply cocoa beans used to make chocolate pr...
Agribusiness company ADM has named F Kathie Whitley as vice president-labour and employee relations in the human resources department....
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has named John Stott as operations controller and Marc Sanner as finance director-Europe....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin