USA: ADM officials reveal plant closure
Decatur, Illinois-based agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has revealed plans to close a flour milling plant in east Des Moines after 85 years of production, with the loss of 40 jobs. Company officials blamed the poor economy and an excess industry capacity for the decision to close the mill, which was built in 1917 and acquired by ADM in the earl part of the 1970s.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs