US: ADM "optimistic" despite H1 profits drop
ADM saw its net profits drop by US$537m to $540m in the six-month period
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) said it remains optimistic about the long-term fundamentals of its business, despite booking a drop in first-half and second-quarter profits today (31 January).
ADM saw its net profits drop by US$537m to $540m in the six months to the end of December. The company blamed "ongoing weakness in global oilseeds margins, lower results in corn and poor international merchandising results".
The company's segment operating profit slid by 53% to $1.01bn. Sales in the period, however, climbed by 19.9% to reach $45.2m.
In the second quarter, net profits plummeted 89% to $80m, while segment operating profits dropped by $1.05bn to $309m. Sales in the period, however, grew by 11.4% to $23.3m.
"We continue to execute our plan to drive shareholder value: prioritizing capital projects, implementing productivity measures and returning capital to shareholders through increased dividends and share buybacks," said ADM's chairman and CEO, Patricia Woertz.
The chairman of private-equity firm Arle Capital Sir George Buckley is to join PepsiCo's board of directors....
Archer Daniels Midland's (ADM) third-quarter earnings dropped 31% on the back of lower ethanol prices and weak European oilseed results, the company said today (1 May)....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report