USA: ADM reports sharp rise in Q2 profit
US agribusiness Archer Daniels Midland has said its second-quarter earnings rose sharply, helped by improved corn and wheat processing results.
The company posted net earnings of US$221m, or 34 cents per share, for the second quarter to 31 December, compared to $131m, or 20 cents per share, a year earlier.
ADM said net sales and other operating income rose 18% to $9.19bn.
The company attributed the strong performance to higher oilseed processing earnings in North America and Asia, improved corn processing results in both the ethanol and corn sweetener businesses, and higher wheat processing profits due to improved North American crop conditions. Results from the company's cocoa operations also improved.
Companies: Archer Daniels Midland
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has announced plans to build a new cocoa processing facility in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States....
US agricultural processor Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has announced that Paul Mulhollem, president and chief operating officer, is to retire from the company, effective immediately....
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has announced that local management at its facility in Ringaskiddy, Cork, Ireland has entered into negotiations with the local unions regarding the d...
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has announced that Mark Zenuk has been elected Vice President by its board of directors....
Agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland has reported a sharp rise in earnings for the year ended 30 June 2005, despite slightly lower revenue....
A human rights group has sued three US companies in federal court in Los Angeles to force them to step up efforts to end child labour on African farms that supply cocoa beans used to make chocolate pr...
Agribusiness company ADM has named F Kathie Whitley as vice president-labour and employee relations in the human resources department....
Agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland has named John Stott as operations controller and Marc Sanner as finance director-Europe....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report