US: ADM taking action on anti-corruption probe
ADM investigating corruption charges
US grain trader Archer Daniels Midland is investigating whether employees have broken anti-corruption laws.
In a quarterly report filed yesterday (6 November), the company said it is looking into the actions of employees in unspecified international markets. ADM added it has informed the Justice Department and Securities and Exchange Commission into whether staff have broken the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food ADM undertook a "comprehensive internal investigation" and "retained an independent auditing firm" to conduct an independent review of the situation "as soon as we became aware of some questionable transactions".
"In early 2009, we voluntarily disclosed our findings to government regulators and have continued to work closely with them. We also implemented comprehensive internal-control enhancements recommended by the independent auditor, as well as taking disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employees," the spokesperson said.
Archer Daniels Midland is set to table an offer for GrainCorp after completing an agreed period of due diligence on the Australian grain trader....
Archer Daniels Midland has booked a drop in first-quarter profits as higher costs hit the bottom line....
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report