FRANCE: Administrator to head Casino's Leader Price JV
A temporary administrator has been appointed to head Geimex, the venture that owns the rights to the Leader Price discount chain outside France.
French retail giant Casino, which owns half of Geimex, demanded the appointment last September amid a dispute with venture partner, the Baud family.
Casino has accused the Baud family of developing operations in Switzerland that violate the venture agreement between the two parties.
The retailer said the appointment of the administrator would help shed more light on the Baud family's operations in Switzerland.
Officials at Casino could not be reached for further comment as just-food went to press.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant