UK: Administrators begin Paramount Foods wind-down
Duff & Phelps was appointed administrator of Paramount when it entered administration in October
The administrators of UK pizza producer Paramount Foods has begun a phased wind-down of the business.
The closure of the business, which makes private-label chilled and frozen pizza, comes after a potential deal failed feel through. It will lead to the loss of 278 jobs.
David Whitehouse, partner of administrator Duff & Phelps said "advanced discussions" regarding a sale of the business had been held with "an interested party". However, he said "for reasons outside of their control has had to withdraw their offer".
"We would like to take the opportunity to thank the employees for their continued support throughout the administration process and we will offer support where required to staff involved as the business winds down," said Whitehouse.
Duff & Phelps was appointed administrator of the group when it entered administration in October. At the time, around 118 job cuts were announced across its two sites in Salford, Manchester, and Deeside, North Wales. That number has now risen to 278.
Paramount is one of the largest manufacturers of frozen and chilled pizzas in the UK and it counts some of the major supermarkets amongst its customers. Before it entered administration in October, it had employed 138 people at its Salford site and a further 312 in Deeside. The company cut staff to try to make the business viable but the moves seem not to have worked.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details