USA: Advantica reports first quarter results
Advantica Restaurant Group, Inc. (OTCBB: DINE) today reported that systemwide sales from continuing operations, which include sales from company-owned, franchised and licensed restaurants, increased by approximately 4 percent to $553 million for the first quarter ended March 28, 2001 compared with $533 million in the prior year quarter. This increase is attributable to a modest gain in same-store sales as well as to continued growth in the Denny's brand which added a net 40 restaurants since the end of the same period last year. During the first quarter, Denny's same-store sales for company-owned restaurants increased 2.0 percent while franchised units increased 0.6 percent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"