NETHERLANDS/SWEDEN: Aegon and ICA Ahold end joint venture talks
Nordic retailer ICA Ahold and the Dutch insurance company Aegon have ended negotiations on forming a joint venture involving ICA Ahold subsidiary ICA Banken. In November 2002, ICA Ahold and Aegon announced that they had started talks on a 50/50 joint venture in ICA Banken (based in Solna, Sweden), for the provision of financial services through ICA Ahold's retail network. These negotiations have been discontinued, because of divergent views on both the strategic direction for the bank and the transaction price.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife