NETHERLANDS/SWEDEN: Aegon and ICA Ahold end joint venture talks
Nordic retailer ICA Ahold and the Dutch insurance company Aegon have ended negotiations on forming a joint venture involving ICA Ahold subsidiary ICA Banken. In November 2002, ICA Ahold and Aegon announced that they had started talks on a 50/50 joint venture in ICA Banken (based in Solna, Sweden), for the provision of financial services through ICA Ahold's retail network. These negotiations have been discontinued, because of divergent views on both the strategic direction for the bank and the transaction price.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant