JAPAN: Aeon becomes major shareholder in Inageya
Aeon Co, the Japanese supermarket operator formerly known as Jusco, has acquired a 26.1% equity stake in rival Inageya Co for ¥15.7bn (US$126.3m), to become the largest shareholder in the group. Aeon president Motoya Okada revealed to a news conference that Aeon had acquired the stake from Shuwa Corp., a Tokyo-based real estate company. It is planned that Aeon will sell back 11% of its stake to Inageya, but will remain the primary shareholder.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report