JAPAN: Aeon "plans Asian expansion"
Japanese retailer Aeon has said it aims to nearly double its operating profit in three years through expanding in Asia, according to reports.
According to Reuters, the company released a business plan today (26 October) that predicted its operating profit would reach JPY250bn (US$3.07bn) in February 2014, from JPY135bn in its 2009/2010 financial year.
The company announced plans to invest JPY830bn in opening new stores, of which a quarter of those will be earmarked for countries such as Indonesia and Thailand.
According to the report, the investment in south-east Asia would be more than double what it spent in a three-year plan that ended in February.
Additionally, the company is rumoured to be one of the bidders on Carrefour's operations in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
Guyenne et Gascogne has booked a 4.5% increase in first-quarter sales, which were boosted by higher fuel prices. ...
The main union representing Carrefour's French workers today (15 April) voted to accept new wages proposals from the retailer's management....
Innovation and reformulation seemed to be a common theme this week, with PepsiCo outlining concerns that it might meet their targets, while Baxters said people are getting increasingly confused about ...
A one-day strike by workers in Carrefour's French stores is set to go ahead as planned on Saturday (9 April)....
Coop Atlantique, one of Carrefour's largest franchisees, has confirmed that it will leave Carrefour to join rival French retailer Systeme-U....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019