JAPAN: Aeon "plans Asian expansion"
Japanese retailer Aeon has said it aims to nearly double its operating profit in three years through expanding in Asia, according to reports.
According to Reuters, the company released a business plan today (26 October) that predicted its operating profit would reach JPY250bn (US$3.07bn) in February 2014, from JPY135bn in its 2009/2010 financial year.
The company announced plans to invest JPY830bn in opening new stores, of which a quarter of those will be earmarked for countries such as Indonesia and Thailand.
According to the report, the investment in south-east Asia would be more than double what it spent in a three-year plan that ended in February.
Additionally, the company is rumoured to be one of the bidders on Carrefour's operations in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
Guyenne et Gascogne has booked a 4.5% increase in first-quarter sales, which were boosted by higher fuel prices. ...
The main union representing Carrefour's French workers today (15 April) voted to accept new wages proposals from the retailer's management....
Innovation and reformulation seemed to be a common theme this week, with PepsiCo outlining concerns that it might meet their targets, while Baxters said people are getting increasingly confused about ...
A one-day strike by workers in Carrefour's French stores is set to go ahead as planned on Saturday (9 April)....
Coop Atlantique, one of Carrefour's largest franchisees, has confirmed that it will leave Carrefour to join rival French retailer Systeme-U....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review