JAPAN: Aeon plans to integrate brands
According to unconfirmed reports in the Japanese press, Japan's top supermarket operator Aeon Co. is to integrate its three supermarket subsidiaries under the Aeon brand as part of efforts to rebuild its struggling domestic business.
Aeon Retail Co., the Chiba Prefecture-based operator of Jusco brand stores, Mycal Corp., the Osaka-based operator of Saty brand stores, and Aeon Marche Co., will be integrated by next Febuary according to the Japanese media reports.
The consolidation of personnel and accounting operations would help cut the Aeon group's overall costs by JPY50bn a year, it said. The retail giant is struggling, with sales for Aeon Group falling 3% to JPY2.52trn and operating profit plummeting 39% to just JPY35.4bn last year.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report