JAPAN: Aeon plans to open 76 supermarkets this fiscal year
Japanese supermarket operator Aeon plans to open a total of 76 supermarkets throughout Japan during the fiscal year to 28 February 2004. Aeon plans to spend ¥165bn (US$1.38bn) during the year, of which 70% will be used to open new stores or renovate existing ones. The amount to be spent is up 39% compared to last year, when Aeon opened 50 new stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO