JAPAN: Aeon posts lower H1 net profit
Japanese retailer Aeon Co has posted a 6.6% drop in first-half net profit, citing tough price competition and cooler-than-expected summer weather. Aeon posted group net profit of ¥18.42bn (US$166.1m) for the six months to 20 August, compared to ¥19.72bn a year earlier. The company had previously forecast first-half profit of ¥18.5bn, but said in August it was likely to miss targets because of unseasonably cool summer weather, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin