JAPAN: Aeon posts lower H1 net profit
Japanese retailer Aeon Co has posted a 6.6% drop in first-half net profit, citing tough price competition and cooler-than-expected summer weather. Aeon posted group net profit of ¥18.42bn (US$166.1m) for the six months to 20 August, compared to ¥19.72bn a year earlier. The company had previously forecast first-half profit of ¥18.5bn, but said in August it was likely to miss targets because of unseasonably cool summer weather, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti