JAPAN: Aeon posts lower H1 net profit
Japanese retailer Aeon Co has posted a 6.6% drop in first-half net profit, citing tough price competition and cooler-than-expected summer weather. Aeon posted group net profit of ¥18.42bn (US$166.1m) for the six months to 20 August, compared to ¥19.72bn a year earlier. The company had previously forecast first-half profit of ¥18.5bn, but said in August it was likely to miss targets because of unseasonably cool summer weather, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix