JAPAN: Aeon profit slides, outlook affirmed
- 9M operating profit down 5.5%
- Operating sales up 9.9%
- FY guidance maintained
Aeon affirms FY outlook
Japanese retailer Aeon has reaffirmed its full-year outlook, despite posting a drop in operating profit for the first nine months of the fiscal.
In a regulatory filing, the company revealed a 5.5% decline in operating profit in the nine-months to end-November, which slid to JPY96.2bn (US$1.1bn).
The company said on Friday (11 January) that profits were down on lower food and general merchandise sales. However, the company said total sales were up 9.9% to JPY4,120.46bn.
Looking to the full-year, Aeon maintained its operating profit outlook at JPY210-220bn.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review