JAPAN: Aeon profit slides, outlook affirmed
- 9M operating profit down 5.5%
- Operating sales up 9.9%
- FY guidance maintained
Aeon affirms FY outlook
Japanese retailer Aeon has reaffirmed its full-year outlook, despite posting a drop in operating profit for the first nine months of the fiscal.
In a regulatory filing, the company revealed a 5.5% decline in operating profit in the nine-months to end-November, which slid to JPY96.2bn (US$1.1bn).
The company said on Friday (11 January) that profits were down on lower food and general merchandise sales. However, the company said total sales were up 9.9% to JPY4,120.46bn.
Looking to the full-year, Aeon maintained its operating profit outlook at JPY210-220bn.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India