JAPAN: Aeon profit slides, outlook affirmed
- 9M operating profit down 5.5%
- Operating sales up 9.9%
- FY guidance maintained
Aeon affirms FY outlook
Japanese retailer Aeon has reaffirmed its full-year outlook, despite posting a drop in operating profit for the first nine months of the fiscal.
In a regulatory filing, the company revealed a 5.5% decline in operating profit in the nine-months to end-November, which slid to JPY96.2bn (US$1.1bn).
The company said on Friday (11 January) that profits were down on lower food and general merchandise sales. However, the company said total sales were up 9.9% to JPY4,120.46bn.
Looking to the full-year, Aeon maintained its operating profit outlook at JPY210-220bn.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020