JAPAN: Aeon profit slides, outlook affirmed
- 9M operating profit down 5.5%
- Operating sales up 9.9%
- FY guidance maintained
Aeon affirms FY outlook
Japanese retailer Aeon has reaffirmed its full-year outlook, despite posting a drop in operating profit for the first nine months of the fiscal.
In a regulatory filing, the company revealed a 5.5% decline in operating profit in the nine-months to end-November, which slid to JPY96.2bn (US$1.1bn).
The company said on Friday (11 January) that profits were down on lower food and general merchandise sales. However, the company said total sales were up 9.9% to JPY4,120.46bn.
Looking to the full-year, Aeon maintained its operating profit outlook at JPY210-220bn.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant