JAPAN: Aeon profit slides, outlook affirmed
- 9M operating profit down 5.5%
- Operating sales up 9.9%
- FY guidance maintained
Aeon affirms FY outlook
Japanese retailer Aeon has reaffirmed its full-year outlook, despite posting a drop in operating profit for the first nine months of the fiscal.
In a regulatory filing, the company revealed a 5.5% decline in operating profit in the nine-months to end-November, which slid to JPY96.2bn (US$1.1bn).
The company said on Friday (11 January) that profits were down on lower food and general merchandise sales. However, the company said total sales were up 9.9% to JPY4,120.46bn.
Looking to the full-year, Aeon maintained its operating profit outlook at JPY210-220bn.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details