JAPAN: Aeon reports Q1 operating revenues up 5.5%
Japanese retailer Aeon Co. today [Wednesday} reported group operating revenues up 5.5% year-on-year to ¥710.3bn (US$5.95bn) for its first quarter ended 20 May. Formerly known as Jusco Co., Aeon said same-store sales fell 1.5%, partly as a result of poor weather in May. However, cost reduction and a tighter control of administrative overheads helped overall results. June sales inched up 0.2%, the company said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe