JAPAN: Aeon says will sell Nippon Meat products now chairman has resigned
Japanese retailer Aeon says it will recommence sales of products from beleaguered meat processor Nippon Meat Packers, possibly as early as next week. Following a meat mislabelling scandal, Nippon Meat this week took drastic action to restore consumer confidence. Chairman and founder Yoshinori Ohkoso is stepping down to become honorary chairman, while his son Hiroji Ohkoso will be demoted from president to senior managing director (for more news on the action Nippon Meat is taking, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast