JAPAN: Aeon says will sell Nippon Meat products now chairman has resigned
Japanese retailer Aeon says it will recommence sales of products from beleaguered meat processor Nippon Meat Packers, possibly as early as next week. Following a meat mislabelling scandal, Nippon Meat this week took drastic action to restore consumer confidence. Chairman and founder Yoshinori Ohkoso is stepping down to become honorary chairman, while his son Hiroji Ohkoso will be demoted from president to senior managing director (for more news on the action Nippon Meat is taking, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin