JAPAN: Aeon says will sell Nippon Meat products now chairman has resigned
Japanese retailer Aeon says it will recommence sales of products from beleaguered meat processor Nippon Meat Packers, possibly as early as next week. Following a meat mislabelling scandal, Nippon Meat this week took drastic action to restore consumer confidence. Chairman and founder Yoshinori Ohkoso is stepping down to become honorary chairman, while his son Hiroji Ohkoso will be demoted from president to senior managing director (for more news on the action Nippon Meat is taking, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund