JAPAN: Aeon set to overtake Daiei in sales
Japanese retailer Aeon is expected to post parent-only sales of ¥1.7trn (US$14.4bn) for the fiscal year to 28 February, enabling it to take the place of rival Daiei as the number one supermarket retailer in terms of sales. Daiei, meanwhile, is expected to miss its sales target of ¥1.59trn for the fiscal year, as it undergoes restructuring to streamline its operations, reported the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill