JAPAN: Aeon set to overtake Daiei in sales
Japanese retailer Aeon is expected to post parent-only sales of ¥1.7trn (US$14.4bn) for the fiscal year to 28 February, enabling it to take the place of rival Daiei as the number one supermarket retailer in terms of sales. Daiei, meanwhile, is expected to miss its sales target of ¥1.59trn for the fiscal year, as it undergoes restructuring to streamline its operations, reported the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti