JAPAN: Aeon set to overtake Daiei in sales
Japanese retailer Aeon is expected to post parent-only sales of ¥1.7trn (US$14.4bn) for the fiscal year to 28 February, enabling it to take the place of rival Daiei as the number one supermarket retailer in terms of sales. Daiei, meanwhile, is expected to miss its sales target of ¥1.59trn for the fiscal year, as it undergoes restructuring to streamline its operations, reported the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week