JAPAN: Aeon set to overtake Daiei in sales
Japanese retailer Aeon is expected to post parent-only sales of ¥1.7trn (US$14.4bn) for the fiscal year to 28 February, enabling it to take the place of rival Daiei as the number one supermarket retailer in terms of sales. Daiei, meanwhile, is expected to miss its sales target of ¥1.59trn for the fiscal year, as it undergoes restructuring to streamline its operations, reported the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth