INDONESIA: Aeon to launch Ministop in Indonesia
Aeon has signed an accord with PT Bahagia Niaga Lestari for the roll-out of the Ministop stores
Japanese retailer Aeon has announced plans to launch its Ministop convenience store network in Indonesia.
Aeon has signed an accord with PT Bahagia Niaga Lestari, a local retail unit of Udinda Co, to enable the roll-out of the stores, it said last week.
Under the contract, the first store will open in Jakarta by the end of February 2013, and Aeon estimates this will reach around 300 stores by February 2018.
Aeon hopes that the move will enable it to capitalise on the growth of the middle class and urbanisation in the market. The company predicted the number of middle income consumers in Asian countries will double to about 2bn by 2020 and the number of people living in urban areas to grow by 400m to 2.2bn in a decade.
The Ministop store format will offer products that meet local preferences, the retailer said.
Aeon's Ministop convenience chain currently operates in China, South Korea, Vietnam and the Philippines. Ministop has 2,124 stores in Japan.
French retail giant Carrefour has denied reports it is in talks with Hong Kong-based China Resources Enterprise about a potential partnership deal in the Chinese retail sector....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020