JAPAN: Aeon to post record mid-term operating profit
Aeon, Japan's second largest retail group, is expected to report (just avoiding repetition of 'record') record H1 group operating profit of ¥56.5bn (US$460m) for the sixth months ending 20 August 2002, an increase of 16% over the same period last year. The good performance of Aeon supermarket subsidiaries Kyushu Jusco and Maxvalu are thought to have contributed to the increased profit, despite stagnant consumer spending in the retail sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week