JAPAN: Aeon to post record mid-term operating profit
Aeon, Japan's second largest retail group, is expected to report (just avoiding repetition of 'record') record H1 group operating profit of ¥56.5bn (US$460m) for the sixth months ending 20 August 2002, an increase of 16% over the same period last year. The good performance of Aeon supermarket subsidiaries Kyushu Jusco and Maxvalu are thought to have contributed to the increased profit, despite stagnant consumer spending in the retail sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action