CANADA: Afton Food Group Ltd. announces major coffee deal with Safeway of Canada
Robin's Foods Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Afton Food Group Ltd., today announced that an agreement to retail Robin's exclusive brand of fine coffees has been finalized with Safeway of Canada.Safeway, one of the largest supermarket chains in the world, and the largest in Western Canada, is now offering Robin's Coffee, packaged for the home market, at all of their 212 stores.This retail presence and the retail development of the Robin's Coffee business is expected to have a positive impact on the Robin's brand name.Ian Sharp, Vice President of Robin's Foods Inc. stated, "millions of our customers who enjoy our coffee and other fine foods at the Robin's locations will now be able to enjoy the same great cup of coffee after hours, at home."Afton, with its 500 corporate and franchised restaurants under the brand names 241 Pizza(R), Robin's Donuts(R), Ruffage(R), Mrs. Powell's Bakery Eatery(R) and Donut Delite Café, generates approximately 200 million dollars in system sales annually, which makes it one of the top ten Companies in the Canadian Quick Service Restaurant Industry.For further information on the Company, please visit our web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action