USA: Afton Food Group Ltd. announces record third quarter results
Afton Food Group Ltd. (TSE: AFF) yesterday announced the Company's third quarter results. Strong gains in system sales, revenues and profitability were posted for the three and nine month periods, ended September 30, 2000."The improvement in Afton's performance, attributable to our March acquisition of Robin's Foods, was balanced by strong internal growth" said Patrick Westfall, Chief Financial Officer, Afton Food Group Ltd. "For the balance of the year and throughout Fiscal 2001, we will focus on enhancing our operating profitability through disciplined, system wide cost management."Afton also increased its financial flexibility during the quarter. Working capital, including $1.6 million in cash, rose moderately to $2.6 million at September 30, 2000, from $2.5 million a year earlier. The current portion of long term debt increased to $4.8 million from $843,000 a year earlier, as Afton began to service the $21.5 million facility used in funding the acquisition. Shareholders' Equity increased by 85% to $17.5 million at September 30, 2000 from $9.5 million a year earlier."Management is very confident that our financial structure can accommodate further rapid growth," said Mr. Westfall. "We have an aggressive plan to reduce long term debt and our operations continue to produce healthy levels of cash. Additionally, we believe that our shares will become increasingly valuable as more investors become aware of our exciting growth strategy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review