USA: Ag Chief warns of undeclared peanuts in Born Free Foods cookies
Georgia's Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin has warned those with a peanut allergy to avoid some packages of Freida's Kitchen Chocolate Chip Cookies because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
"Born Free Foods has recalled some of the 12-ounce packages of cookies that were distributed nationwide in retail stores and through mail order," Commissioner Irvin said. "We have instructed our inspectors to put them on hold for pickup by the distributor when they find them in stores."
The cookies being recalled by the company come in 12-ounce, clear plastic packages with lot #52602 on the side.
"If you have these chocolate chip cookies and are allergic to peanuts, you should return them to where you purchased them," Commissioner Irvin said.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO