USA: Ag Chief warns of undeclared peanuts in Born Free Foods cookies
Georgia's Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin has warned those with a peanut allergy to avoid some packages of Freida's Kitchen Chocolate Chip Cookies because they may contain undeclared peanuts. "Born Free Foods has recalled some of the 12-ounce packages of cookies that were distributed nationwide in retail stores and through mail order," Commissioner Irvin said. "We have instructed our inspectors to put them on hold for pickup by the distributor when they find them in stores."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast