UK: Agency consults on action to tackle unfit meat scams
The Food Standards Agency today started consultation on tightening the laws that prevent unfit meat entering the food chain. The proposals could result in poultry meat and low risk red meat that is unfit for human consumption being stained with indelible inks. The consultation is also seeking views on what other actions may be required to provide additional consumer protection to tackle risks to public health through criminal activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever