FRANCE: Agrial and Eurial to merge dairy activities
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities.
It will lead to the creation of France's second largest co-operative group in the sector behind Sodiaal, the co-ops said in a joint statement today (18 January).
They added: "Agrial and Eurial share a common vision of the future of France's dairy sector and the changes which lie ahead with the end of dairy quotas in 2015. Together, they will put the accent on added value and growth offered by rapidly developing international markets."
Combined sales from Agrial and Eurial's dairy businesses totals just under EUR2bn.
The merger will account for a combined volume of milk exceeding 2bn litres annually, supplied by 5,200 producers.
Downstream activities will focus on three areas; goat's cheeses, Soignon; ultra-fresh dairy products, with Agrial's 50%-owned subsidiary, Senegral (the other 50% is owned by French dairy group Senoble) being France's leading supplier of retailers own-label products, and cheese ingredients, in particular, mozzarella.
Preparatory work and the implementation of the merger will begin in 2013 and continue into 2014.
General Mills unveiled plans for a raft of new products last week as it seeks to improve sales across its business, particularly in the Yoplait owner's yoghurt division. There was a major piece of con...
French dairy Sodiaal is to merge with counterpart 3A after the two groups' boards approved the deal today (25 June)....
French dairy group Senoble has confirmed to just-food it is building a second production plant in Spain....
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Union officials representing staff at Sodiaal has criticised the French dairy giant for being interested in factories owned by rival Terra Lacta - as it plans to close three of its own plants....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis