Agrial expands Florette in UK with Axgro acquisition
Agrial expands UK presence
French agricultural and food processing cooperative Agrial is expanding its Florette business in the UK with the acquisition of beetroot supplier Axgro Foods.
Florette has concluded the purchase of Axgro Foods, which produces cooked, pickled and flavoured beetroot products under both The Lincolnshire Beetroot Company and private label, Agrial said. The business will continue operating from its base in Lincolnshire. Agrial added it has further plans to develop and invest in the busines
Doug Robertson, MD at Florette UK, said the move was part of the group's "long-term strategy" to "diversify" its product portfolio.
"The acquisition of Axgro Foods is part of our long term strategy to diversify our product portfolio and provide our customers with even more variety. Florette is no stranger to beetroot, a key component in our popular Superfood salad and we understand its multiple nutritional benefits and appeal to the health-conscious consumer," he said. "We would like to welcome Axgro Foods to the Florette family and look forward to continued growth together."
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target