USA: Agribrands and Cargill announce expected closing date for merger
Agribrands International, Inc. (NYSE: AGX) Friday (20 April) announced that the Company received a favorable tax ruling relating to the merger with Cargill, Incorporated. The ruling from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service confirms that the merger will not have an adverse effect on the tax-free treatment of the 1998 spin-off of Agribrands from Ralston Purina Company. The receipt of such a ruling is a condition to the Agribrands merger with Cargill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund