USA: Agribrands and Cargill announce expected closing date for merger
Agribrands International, Inc. (NYSE: AGX) Friday (20 April) announced that the Company received a favorable tax ruling relating to the merger with Cargill, Incorporated. The ruling from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service confirms that the merger will not have an adverse effect on the tax-free treatment of the 1998 spin-off of Agribrands from Ralston Purina Company. The receipt of such a ruling is a condition to the Agribrands merger with Cargill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife