INDIA: Agribuys B2B portal sets up IT centre in India
US-based B2B portal Agribuys is setting up shop in India. Company president and CEO, Marina Kotsianas, revealed that a US$7m Software Development Centre would be established in Poona, an industrial town 100 miles southeast of Bombay. Initially, the Poona facility will give technical support to the Technology Support and Development Centre in Torrance, California. The next stage will involve working directly with the company's US customers, with a view to later launching full services in India.It is currently looking at tie-ups to facilitate its entry in the Indian market. The portal will need to strike alliances with transporters and logistics companies, financial services, cold chain, and test/inspection agencies. "Fully fledged operations will require substantial investment," said Kotsianas, implying that no decisions will be rushed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units