LUXEMBOURG: Agricultural policy not headed for "revolution" - Fischler
Franz Fischler, the EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, is paying a visit to Luxembourg today [Monday] and tomorrow in order to discuss with the Luxembourg Government the Commission proposals for the mid-term review of the common agricultural policy (CAP). At a press conference, Fischler said that the Commission was not intending to being about a "revolution" of agricultural policy. "Both the agricultural budget and the goals of the CAP have been left untouched. The mid-term review will have a positive impact on Luxembourg in several respects: farmers' incomes and the future of farms will be safeguarded. We are helping farmers to produce for the market instead of intervention stocks. Farmers in Luxembourg will benefit in particular from the reinforcement of rural development policy since the country's farmland is located almost exclusively in less-favoured areas. And we are taking account of the interests of the many small farmers by fully exempting them from modulation. But the citizens of Luxembourg will also acquire greater confidence in agricultural policy since we intend to promote quality rather than quantity in future."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020