BELGIUM: Agriculture ministry names provisional head of AFSCA
A former chief of staff at the agriculture ministry, Xavier De Cuyper, has been named as the provisional head of the food safety agency AFSCA. Belgian Health Minister Magda Aelvoet revealed that the position had been filled just two days after the former chief Luc Beernaert resigned amid a scandal over carcinogenic dioxins entering the food chain through pig feed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits