USA: Agrifoods delegates approve the sale of Dairyworld Foods to Saputo
Saputo Inc. declared today that the agreement that it announced on December 18, 2000 to acquire the fluid-milk and cheese operations as well as certain joint-venture interests of "Agrifoods International Cooperative Limited", more commonly known as "Dairyworld Foods", was approved by the cooperative's delegates at a meeting held on January 12, 2001. Closing of the transaction is subject to the usual conditions (including approval by the Competition Bureau) and is still expected by the end of January 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex