USA: Agrilink posts Q2 fiscal 2002 results
Rochester, NY-based Agrilink , an agricultural marketing cooperative, yesterday [Thursday] reported its Q2 fiscal 2002 results. These earnings are consolidated with those of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Agrilink Foods, Inc . Operating earnings from ongoing businesses for the quarter increased US$7.9m or 24.1% to US$40.7m from US$32.8m in the prior year. The results in the second quarter were, among other things, positively impacted by the company-wide focus to control costs and improve margins. Net sales, however, declined from ongoing businesses in the second quarter by US$32.8m or 10% compared to the prior year. US$8.4m of the decline was associated with a planned reduction in a co-pack agreement for canned vegetables in the Midwest. The remaining decrease in net sales was impacted by overall market declines in the frozen vegetable category and various competitive initiatives during the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units