ITALY: Agrolimen acquires Star - report
According to a report in La Gaceta de los Negocios, Agrolimen, the holding company controlled by the Carulla family, has acquired the Italian food group Star, from the Fossati family via a share transfer.
The Carulla family made the acquisition through its Pasa subsidiary, which produces condiment brands such as Gallina Blanca and Avecrem, the report said, adding that the Fossati family has exchanged its shares in Star for 50% of Pasa.
The Fossati family has reportedly been looking for a buyer for Star, valued at around EUR800m (US$1.06bn), for some time.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units