CANADA: Agropur gets foothold in US with acquisition of cheese factory
Granby, Quebec-based dairy cooperative Agropur Cooperative Agro-Alimentaire is to gain a foothold in the US with the planned buyout of the Deutsch Kase Haus Inc. cheese plant. The president of Agropur's fine cheese division, Pierre Robert, explained to the Globe and Mail that the purchase of the Middlebury, Ind.-based plant will add sales of some C$30m (US$18.8m) to the cooperative, boosting turnover at the division by 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target