POLAND: Agros continues to focus on foreign alcohol maket
Amid internal conflict between Agros' investors, the Polish food-processing giant has revealed that its focus is on fruit and vegetable processing and the sale of its alcohol products on foreign markets. The announcement is designed to quell the confusion created by the opposing intentions of the major investors, the French spirits and wine group Pernod Ricard, which owns 75% of Agros, and Highwood Partners, the US investment fund which controls 15%.The president of Argos, Pierre Denetre, revealed that the company would not bid in the privatisation of the Polmos Pozan distillery because it is only licensed to sell alcohol on the domestic market and is therefore of little interest. Agros would, however, continue to sell Polish vodka on the foreign market despite Highwood Partners questioning the licensing agreement with Pernod Ricard. Agros has recently filed to the courts against Highwood Partners, accusing it of tarnishing the company's image.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review