NETHERLANDS: Ahold 2000 sales surge 55.7 percent to Euro 52.2 billion
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today reported 2000 consolidated sales of Euro 52.2 billion, a 55.7% rise over the Euro 33.6 billion sales generated in 1999. Organic(a) sales growth, at constant currency rates, was 6.3% higher for the year. In the United States, sales rose 35.4% to USD 27.5 billion. This increase includes the acquisition of U.S. Foodservice. Ahold achieved strong organic sales growth in both its food retail and foodservice activities in the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK