NETHERLANDS: Ahold 2000 sales surge 55.7 percent to Euro 52.2 billion
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today reported 2000 consolidated sales of Euro 52.2 billion, a 55.7% rise over the Euro 33.6 billion sales generated in 1999. Organic(a) sales growth, at constant currency rates, was 6.3% higher for the year. In the United States, sales rose 35.4% to USD 27.5 billion. This increase includes the acquisition of U.S. Foodservice. Ahold achieved strong organic sales growth in both its food retail and foodservice activities in the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review