NETHERLANDS: Ahold 2000 sales surge 55.7 percent to Euro 52.2 billion
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today reported 2000 consolidated sales of Euro 52.2 billion, a 55.7% rise over the Euro 33.6 billion sales generated in 1999. Organic(a) sales growth, at constant currency rates, was 6.3% higher for the year. In the United States, sales rose 35.4% to USD 27.5 billion. This increase includes the acquisition of U.S. Foodservice. Ahold achieved strong organic sales growth in both its food retail and foodservice activities in the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast