NETHERLANDS: Ahold 2000 sales surge 55.7 percent to Euro 52.2 billion
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today reported 2000 consolidated sales of Euro 52.2 billion, a 55.7% rise over the Euro 33.6 billion sales generated in 1999. Organic(a) sales growth, at constant currency rates, was 6.3% higher for the year. In the United States, sales rose 35.4% to USD 27.5 billion. This increase includes the acquisition of U.S. Foodservice. Ahold achieved strong organic sales growth in both its food retail and foodservice activities in the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti