NETHERLANDS: Ahold acquires Belgian foodservice leader from Compass
The Dutch supermarket giant Royal Ahold has announced today (3 October) that its foodservice unit Deli XL has acquired Mea-De Wilde De Loore, a Belgian market leader previously controlled by the UK catering Compass Group, part of Granada Compass.The Belgian company supplies a huge range of products to institutional customers, and grosses annual sales of around €100m. The takeover is expected to boost sales at Deli XL to more than €900m. In terms of sales, Ahold is the sixth largest supermarket chain in the world and Mea-De Wilde De Loore, based in Charleroi, represents "further attractive growth opportunities." The deal is a demonstration of Ahold's ever-increasing presence in the food services, a market worth €4.5bn that focuses on food eaten outside the home. Earlier this year, acquisition deals were completed on the companies US Foodservice and PYA/Monarch.Ahold believes that the deal will also mean "rapid progress" in areas such as IT, product development and new services.To read their press relese
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016