NETHERLANDS: Ahold Acquisition in US Food Service Sector
Ahold (NYSE: AHO - news), the international food provider, today announced that U.S. Foodservice, its wholly-owned food service company in the United States, and GFG Foodservice, a broadline distributor and market leader in North Dakota, South Dakota and Northern Minnesota, have signed a definitive agreement whereby U.S. Foodservice will acquire 100% of GFG's shares and related real estate. GFG generates sales of approximately USD 110 million. The profitable company is headquartered in Grand Forks, North Dakota. GFG services over 4,300 accounts, primarily restaurants, schools, universities and health care institutions, with a range of food and non-food items. The company also operates three distribution centers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast