NETHERLANDS: Ahold Acquisition in US Food Service Sector
Ahold (NYSE: AHO - news), the international food provider, today announced that U.S. Foodservice, its wholly-owned food service company in the United States, and GFG Foodservice, a broadline distributor and market leader in North Dakota, South Dakota and Northern Minnesota, have signed a definitive agreement whereby U.S. Foodservice will acquire 100% of GFG's shares and related real estate. GFG generates sales of approximately USD 110 million. The profitable company is headquartered in Grand Forks, North Dakota. GFG services over 4,300 accounts, primarily restaurants, schools, universities and health care institutions, with a range of food and non-food items. The company also operates three distribution centers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs