US: Ahold adds to Peapod network
Ahold has expanded its online business in the US with the opening of a new fulfillment centre in Pennsylvania.
The retailer's Peapod by Giant arm has opened a facility in Coopersburg in the east of the state to offer its online service to more consumers.
"Peapod by Giant has seen exciting growth in the Philadelphia area and we are delighted to partner with our sister grocer, Peapod, to expand service to additional zip codes in the Giant trade area, Rick Herring, president of Giant Food Stores, said.
The Peapod by Giant service was launched in 2011. Peapod, set up in 1989 and acquired by Ahold in 2001, has operations in several states across the US from Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. to Wisconsin and Indiana.
Changing consumer behaviour is having a transformational impact on the US food and food retail sectors, as consumers alter where they shop and what they buy. The growing popularity of non-traditional ...
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant