NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold and partner La Fragua in Guatemala team up in new joint venture with Costa Rican market leader CSU
Largest store network in Central American region Combination of 253 food stores with annual sales of over USD 1.3 billion Consumer benefits from economies of scale and synergies Joint venture plans further growth in region Paiz Ahold, the successful 50/50 joint venture of food retailers La Fragua and Ahold in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, has signed an agreement with Costa Rican supermarket and hypermarket company CSU to form a new joint venture. The new joint venture will bring together all of their operations in the Central American region. Contracts were signed Friday (2 November). Each of the partner companies - Ahold, Paiz and CSU - will effectively have a one-third stake in the new venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target